Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ache-y Break-y Haircut

It's a well known fact that I love a little girl in a hairbow. Ever since the first day the ultrasound tech told us we were having a girl, I've had nothing but dreams of a baby girl in a bishop with the largest bow I could possibly fit on her little head. (It builds neck strength right? - Who needs tummy time, when you've got a hairbow?)

Well, as our little princess has grown, she's taken to having just a few opinions about her hair. Just a few. Every morning she dictates her hairstyle - ponytail, braid, etc. But the weekend before Christmas, she made her biggest hair statement yet.

I was in the kitchen cooking up some sort of yummy treat, when all of the sudden ML walks in and says, "Mommy, something has happened to my hair." I looked over and sure enough, something HAD happened to her hair.

She had a mullet.

She had gotten a pair of scissors and chopped off one side of her hair and then the other, leaving the back in all of it's much longer glory.

After I recovered, (and comforted us both. ML started crying saying that she looked like a boy and that she wasn't beautiful anymore. Which I assured her was not true!) I took ML to see our favorite hair stylist, Ms. Kristi - so thankful she was working and willing to accept us on such short notice!

We now have a darling little bob, that looks just precious on ML. (And thankfully, is long enough for a hairbow...........)


Business in the front (doesn't she look so innocent?)


Party in the back


0 comments: