Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Second Saturday

Every second Saturday of the month, our church Missions department sponsors (the aptly titled) 'Second Saturday' where church and community members can just stop in and help complete a mission project.  
Every Second Saturday they have an indoor project and an outdoor project.  I was so excited when I realized we could go with Big Daddy last Saturday to help build a wheelchair ramp.

I love any kind of mission project, but for whatever reason, I really love it when I can be hands on and get dirty and really 'work' on a mission project.  And I also love projects where we can work as a family.  :-)

I invited my girls from my 10th grade small group to join us and I was so proud of how hard they worked!


They were so sweet to include ML:




We had a great time.  We didn't quite finish before the rain started pouring down, but we were super close!  The team leader was able to go back this week and finish for us - I drove by today and it looks fantastic!

Church on Sunday and a lunch at Mellow Mushroom rounded out our weekend:


And of course, JR reading.  He is totally immersed in the world of Harry Potter and loving every second of it!  Love to see him reading!

0 comments: