Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fear Not I am with thee

Quite often, I find myself singing the words to the second verse of "How Firm a Foundation."

"Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed
For I am thy God and I will give thee aid
I'll strengthen and help thee and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand"

The greatness of my God never ceases to astound me and now I face the challenge of passing on to my children an understanding of the love He has for us. How great, how long, how wide, how deep, how endless is His love:


My sweet ML is struggling with her fear right now. She can't stand to be separated from her father and I for even a second. She is afraid of being alone in her room. She is afraid of being alone in the bathroom. She is afraid of being alone in her playroom. She is afraid of the dark. She is afraid of (and I quote): "Monsters, strangers, and tornadoes."

"But monsters aren't real, right Mommy?" "Yes," I reply, "that's right.
"Well, sometimes. Sometimes I wish monsters were real so they could scare away all the strangers and tornadoes."

Ha! Well, at least she still has perspective! But what I really want for her, is to see God's promise breaking through the cloud of her fear:

And so I will continue to remind her that God has cast out all of our fears. That in Him we have nothing to fear and that He has not given us a spirit of fear. And I will continue to sing the words of "How Firm a Foundation" (which also happen to be the words of Isaiah 41:10 - thank you BSF!) and rest in the knowledge that my prayers that she would lay claim to His words will be answered in due time.
Because she is never alone.

In the mean time, I foresee a LOT of trips to the bathroom for us both.......

0 comments: