Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Oh How He Loves Us

A quick post.

Two weekends ago, I was blessed to take part in a Junior High Retreat at our church. I know 'blessed to take part in a Junior High Retreat' is an oxymoron in some people's language, but I just L-O-V-E love Junior High kids!

My group of 7th grade girls is just the best and I was so glad that so many of them got to take part in this retreat. To me, the weekend is centered around two things - #1- showing Christ's love through the Church (*note the capital "C") and #2 telling the story of Christ - His love for us, His forgiveness, and the joy that He gives.



We kicked off on Friday night with a Welcome party that both the C-group that my husband and I lead AND the C-group that we are members of (I'll tell that story another time! -okay?) put together. These are the ladies from our groups who could be there. I love these ladies so much!


Also, a part of the weekend- my husband, Big Daddy, led the games. If you know my husband, you know he was called 'for such a time as this.' He went all out!






Of course, there were lots of serious times.

And one of the most serious times, came on Saturday night at a Prayer service for all of the Junior High kids participating (all 127 of them!!!!) After a long, very emotional service, the kids are ready to let loose and celebrate their fellowship in Christ, soooo...... there was an amazing Mexican Fiesta waiting for them when they finished!

Don't these cupcakes look amazing?!

Every detail of this event was perfect. The cheese dip/ make your own taco station:
YUM!

Mexican Marketplace:


I'm telling you, EVERY DETAIL = Amazing!


Two of my favorites and I, after the tearful prayer service/ right before the kids descended:

And finally it was time to party!
It's party time in heaven too, as almost all of the kids who participated in the event came to a new realization of who Christ is and many of them will be baptized this coming Sunday.

God is good! All the time.

Oh, how He loves.


0 comments: