Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

She's Back!

So. I was one of those girls who played with dolls waaaaaay into the time when my friends were more into make-up and New Kids on the Block. Due to my 'delayed' development, I was - at that time- the proud owner of my own American Girl Doll, Molly.

Molly was much loved for the 2 or 3 years I kept her out in my room, but sometime in high school (at which point I hadn't played with her for years) she was lovingly packed up and put away. We brought her out again last year, roughly 20 years after she was first placed in her storage box. So, after 10 years in conditioned storage and 10 years in the attic, I was not surprised when her leg fell off in May when ML was playing with her.

I decided to ship her off to the doll hospital to have her fixed. I considered waiting until our next visit to Chicago and the American Girl Doll store there, but wasn't sure how long that would be. Molly looked so pitiful with only one leg, so off she went to be fixed. ML was totally devastated as she LOVES Molly. I think we sent her off the middle of May, so ML has been anxiously awaiting the mail lady every day for the past 2 weeks.

Today, the Fed Ex man dropped off this:



Reunited!!!:

Happy girls!:

Isn't Molly's hospital gown adorable? Molly also 'got her hair did' while she was in the hospital. Free of charge! How awesome is that? So glad to have her home.

0 comments: