Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flo-rida

It is fun, fun, fun in the sun here in South Florida. (Or SoFL or Flo-rida as Big Daddy and I sometimes call it.)

Most days we head to Siesta Key Beach. The sand at Siesta Key is so soft and so fine that it literally feels like all purpose flour. No joke. We love it!











But this week we also visited Turtle Beach for the first time. Turtle Beach is named for the turtles that nest there (turns out they nest from May to October, much to JR and ML's disappointment. :-) It was such a different beach, but different in a nice way. The sand there is 'black' or dirty sand. It's much like the sand on the Atlantic side of Florida. It's very corse and made of tiny bits of seashells.






But because of that - we also found many more awesome shells than we usually find at Siesta Key. So cool!





The strangest part to me, was that when we finally settled on the beach and looked to our right - there (miles) to the right was Siesta Key! How in the world these two very different beaches could exist just miles from one another baffles me, but I love them both.

We also visited the Sarasota Jungle Gardens to feed the flamingos again. So fun!






Finally, when we aren't feeding flamingos or sunning at the beach, we can be found in the pool.




Got to love it! One of my Facebook friends posted and I think I must agree - It doesn't get much better than this. And if it does, I don't think I can stand it!


0 comments: