Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Celebrate Good Times

Fun, fun week!

We arrived home from Atlanta late Sunday night, and I remembered that ML had 'sock hop day' at school the next day.  I wanted her to be able to dress the part, but wasn't sure if I could pull off a poodle skirt in a short amount of time.  My crafting table looked like it had been hit by a tornado:

 I may or may not be better at getting started, than at cleaning up.  Ha!

It was around 10 pm when I started.  ML said she wanted a purple poodle skirt, but there was zero purple fabric in my fabric stash.  So we went for pink, but it turned out we didn't have enough pink.  So we went with....... Yellow!  I found an awesome tutorial for a poodle skirt and the whole thing was done in about an hour.    
For the poodle, I remembered I had some iron on transfer paper leftover from the triplet baby shower hostess gifts, so I used a sheet to print out a clip art poodle and ironed that baby on.  A quick, pink ribbon 'leash' for the poodle and it was done!

ML LOVED it!



The next day was JR's class field trip.  Big Daddy was supposed to get ML from school, but he ended up having to do something for work, so I left the field trip to pick up ML and came back.
She was happy to join in the fun!



We learned a lot and had a great time!

Someone has a little fun with my phone while he waits for his sister to get out of dance class.  This is now my phone's background picture.  Hello Dino!


The next night was our niece's 'actual' birthday, so we went out to dinner to celebrate.  My sister got Gigi's cupcakes for dessert.  ML and I share a love of cupcakes.

Like mother:


Like daughter!:

Sweet cousins


And that wasn't the end of our crazy week!  Up next:  ML's graduation!

0 comments: