Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Fabric Lined Drawers

I'm certain I'm not the first person to ever line a drawer with fabric, but I found these pictures today on my computer and remembered I wanted to blog about how well these turned out!  


I purchased a used dresser for ML's room off our our community yard sale page.  It was perfect outside, but the drawers inside were a little dirty, and I thought it might be a good idea to just start all over with a new lining for the drawers.
 So, I took them outside and wiped them down and assembled my supplies.  At first I wasn't sure what to use to glue down the fabric to the drawer.  But, that's what Facebook statuses are for right? So after asking the closest 345 people in my life, I discovered that spray adhesive was probably the best route to take!


I laid my fabric down in the drawer and used a regular pen to mark off the pattern.



Lucky for me, all 3 drawers were the same size, so I cut out all 3 pieces at once.


And ironed out the wrinkles.


 And "Ta Da!"



The finished product.
Love it!

0 comments: