Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Wacky Weekend

It was a fun and action packed weekend.  

JR had Field Day on Friday and when I arrived to join the fun I discovered that he had been outside for 4 hours with NO sunscreen!  Yikes!  So we decided to give him a break from the sun and skip his baseball game Saturday morning.  

Instead, I took ML to ballet and JR went to play with a friend.  After ballet, JR called to say he was going to the movies with a friend to see the new Pirate movie.  ML decided she wanted to see it too, so we tagged along.  It was a pretty good movie!  Not too funny from an adult standpoint, but I think that is a good thing.  We usually find that kid movies with too much adult humor are a little inappropriate?  Or maybe that's just us.  After the movie, ML said, "Mommy, we're always supposed to be nice to people, even when they're not nice to us, just like in that movie."  which I think is  a great thing to take away from a movie.

After the movie we headed over to see Big Daddy's parade house.
 I am loving so many of the details in this house!  Like the painted stairs.

 And this built in banquette with storage seats!

 I wasn't so sure about this wine light fixture, but everyone who has seen it has LOVED it, so goes to show - don't ask me for light fixture advice!  Ha!
 My kids are in love with the outdoor room.

After visiting Big Daddy, we went to the park for a bit.
 And then Saturday night, we celebrated Cinco De Mayo with neighborhood friends.  We are so blessed to live in such an awesome neighborhood!
 So many kids to play with!
 So much food to eat!
 Sunday was Graduation Breakfast for my 8th grade girls.  One of my girls is a guitar playing super star, so she could only come over for a few minutes before having to head back to big church to play in the worship band there.
More sweet girls.
After church it was off to the pool!



Can't believe we are swimming in May, but I'll take it!


0 comments: