Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day Take 2?

I don't live a tough life.  Really.  I know I am blessed beyond measure, but some days are just tough no matter what.  Saturday was one of those days for me.  We had lots to do, it was all me - Big Daddy was in Chicago for his 20 year high school reunion - and I. had. a. headache.  A BIG headache.  And it didn't get better.  Luckily, by the grace of God, I was able to get through Saturday no problem, but after the kids were in bed Saturday night, my head was hurting so badly, I prayed that God would take the pain away.  

Finally, able to sleep, it felt like moments later I heard JR tiptoe into my room and whisper, "Mommy, where do we keep the breakfast tray?"  It was morning, so I whispered back the tray's location, heard him moving around in the kitchen and soon return with this:


That sweet boy made me breakfast in bed!  My head still hurt, but my heart was so full of joy, I hardly even noticed.

Talk about answering prayers in unexpected ways.

Love that sweet JR to pieces!

0 comments: